USES AND PROVISIONS FOR SPECIFIC ZONES
Airport One (A – 1) Zone
Purpose: This zone provides for aviation-related uses and/or uses on the Campbell River airport lands which rely on the airport run-way or other uses associated with the airport operations.
Permitted Uses: This zone provides for aviation-related uses and/or uses on the Campbell River airport lands which rely on the airport run-way or other uses associated with the airport operations.
On any lot, the following uses are permitted:
- Airport and/or landing strip
- Airport passenger terminal and service facilities
- Aircraft fuel depot
- Aircraft hangar
- Aircraft sales and/or service
- Vehicle rental and ancillary servicing
- Retail store not exceeding 125 square metres per lease area
- Self storage
- Ancillary storage yard
- Aviation related service commercial and/or light industrial
- Manufacturing, assembly, disassembly, processing, or packaging of materials and goods
- Agriculture, silviculture
- Freight transfer depot
- Disaster services centre
- Parking lot
Bylaw 3346, 2008 Changes to 5.1.1 j) – June 24/08
Bylaw 3346, 2008 Addition of 5.1.1 k) & renumbering – June 24/08
Lot Area: The minimum site area for “lease lots” shall be not less than 550 square metres.
Lot Coverage: The maximum site coverage for buildings on “lease lots” is 65%.
Minimum Dimensions Required for Yards:Yards in this zone must have the following minimum dimensions:
- Yard and setback requirements shall be in accordance with Transport Canada Airport Regulations and spatial separation requirements of the BC Building Code.
Building Height:The maximum height of all buildings and structures shall be in accordance with Transport Canada Airport Zoning Regulations.
Conditions of Use: All illuminated parking and outdoor storage areas shall have directional lighting placed in such a manner that it does not pose a nuisance to airport operations or adjacent lease areas.