A BYLAW OF THE CITY OF CAMPBELL RIVER TO AUTHORIZE THE ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATION OF THE CAMPBELL RIVER AIRPORT INCLUDING THE IMPOSITION OF FEES AND CHARGES.
The Council of the City of Campbell River, in open meeting assembled, enacts as follows:
- This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as the "Airport Operation, Maintenance and Management Bylaw No. 3211, 2005".
- The Airport Manager is primarily responsible for the operation, maintenance, and management of the Campbell River Airport (the "Airport") in accordance with the provisions of this Bylaw.
- The Campbell River Airport Authority, through the Airport Manager, shall provide semiannual reports to Council on the operations of the airport.
- No person without permission may:
- (a) conduct any business or undertaking, commercial or otherwise at the Airport;
- (b) advertise or solicit anything at the Airport on his own behalf or on behalf of another person;
- (c) fix, install, or place anything at the Airport for the purpose of any business or undertaking; or
- (d) solicit persons at the Airport by any means whatever, to use the ground transportation services provided for hire.
- No person shall injure, deface, or remove any flowers, plants, trees, shrubs, runway, road or any building or structures upon the Airport.
- Airport fees and charges shall be levied in accordance with Appendices "A" to "J" attached to and forming part of this Bylaw, as amended from time to time.
- Air Taxi Operations, Commuter Operations, and Airline Operations (as defined in the Canadian Aviation Regulations) that operate a Scheduled Domestic Point Service (as defined in their Air Operating Certification) shall pay a Per Passenger Fee in accordance with Appendix “A”.
- Those Aircraft not covered by Section 7 of this Bylaw shall pay landing charges, parking charges and general service charges in accordance with Appendices “B”, ”C” and “D”.
- Rotary Wing Aircraft shall be subject to the same fees as provided for in Appendices “B”,“C” and “D” attached and shall be payable even where:
- (a) the aircraft does not land on the Airport runway but rather on other Airport property leased from the City of Campbell River;
- (b) the aircraft is loaded or unloaded by means of a sling without touching the ground; or
- (c) the aircraft lands only for the purpose of obtaining ground services such as refueling.
- (a) No fuel call out fee for Ministry of Forests (and their contractors) during active forest fire events
- No Landing Fees For:
- (a) Transport Canada
- (b) Angel Flights (air transportation for cancer patients)
- (c) Search and Rescue operations (not including training unless preapproved by the
- (d) Military air shows or military training for air shows (e.g. Snowbirds) Airport Manager).
- Canadian Military Flight Landing Fees
- (a)From the dates September 16th to June 14th (fully exempt)
- (b) From the dates June 15th to September 15th, (exempt between the hours of 17:30-09:30; full fee between the hours of 09:30-17:30).
- Parking Fees Exempt By Permit For The Following:
- (a) Airport Authority Members
- (b) contractors while working for the City at the air terminal building
- (c) employees working at the air terminal building (exempt during work)
- (d) City Council, City employees and staff (exempt while on City business).
- Every person who violates any of the provisions of this Bylaw is guilty of an offence against this Bylaw and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00).
- If any section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this Bylaw is for any reason held to be invalid by the decision of any court of competent jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Bylaw.
- This Bylaw shall come into effect on March 1, 2006.
- Bylaw No. 2873 is hereby repealed.
- Read a first time on the 16th day of January , 2006.
- Read a second time on the 16th day of January , 2006.
- Read a third time on the 16th day of January , 2006.
- Adopted on the 6th day of February , 2006.
FEES AND CHARGES:
EXCEPTIONS FROM FEES OR REDUCED FEES:
Original signed by:
Roger McDonell | MAYOR
W. T. Halstead | CITY CLERK
SCHEDULE 'A' (PASSENGER FEES)
The Per Passenger Fee (PPF) shall be seven dollars and fifty cents ($7.50) for every passenger enplaning and deplaning at the Campbell River Airport.
This fee shall not apply to airline employees traveling for business or personal purposes or to passengers traveling with complimentary passes, but shall apply to frequent flyers, Air Miles travelers and all other categories of “incentive” travelers.
An Airport Improvement Fee (AIF) shall be four dollars ($4.00) for every regularly Scheduled enplaned passenger.
A Regulatory Recovery Fee (RRF) shall be two dollars and fifty Cents ($2.50) for every regularly Scheduled enplaned passenger.
Operators must remit the fees plus applicable tax by the 10th working day following the month just ended less a five percent (5%) prompt payment discount. A five percent (5%) late payment surcharge shall be required for payments made after the 20th working day following the month just ended. All payments must be accompanied by the appropriate reporting form certified by the carrier as correctly stating the number of passengers enplaned and deplaned for the month just ended.
SCHEDULE 'B' (AIRCRAFT LANDING FEES)
|S.No||AIRCRAFT WEIGHT||FEES FOR JET OR TURBOPROP|
|1||Not more than 21,000 kg||$4.00|
|2||More than 21,000 kg but not more than 45,000 kg||$5.00|
|3||More than 45,000 kg||$6.00|
|S.No||AIRCRAFT WEIGHT||FEES FOR JET OR TURBOPROP AIRCRAFT|
|1||Not more than 30,000 kg||$5.00|
|2||More than 30,000 kg but not more than 70,000 kg||$6.00|
|3||More than 70,000 kg||$8.50|
TEST FLIGHTS (FOR CONFIRMATION OF ONSITE MAINTENANCE WORK TO AIRCRAFT)
- 25% of standard landing fee
- (a) Fees are charged at the above rate per 1000 kg of the aircraft's maximum permissible take-off weight (or portion thereof).
- (b) Minimum charge to Domestic Aircraft : $13.00
- (c) Minimum charge to International Aircraft : $15.00
- (d)All Charges do not include applicable tax.
SCHEDULE 'C' (AIRCRAFT PARKING)
|S.No||AIRCRAFT WEIGHT||DAILY FEE||MONTHLY FEE||ANNUAL FEE|
|1||up to 5,000 kg||$ 7.50||$ 60.00||$ 480.00|
|2||More than 5,000 kg but not more than 10,000 kg||$12.50||$ 262.00||N/A|
|3||More than 10,000 kg but not more than 30,000 kg||$ 24.00||$ 500.00||N/A|
|4||More than 30,000 kg but not more than 60,000 kg||$ 37.00||$ 750.00||N/A|
|5||More than 60,000 kg but not more than 100,000 kg||$ 57.00||$ 1,200.00||N/A|
- Fees are charged at the above rate based on the aircraft's maximum permissible take-off weight.
- An additional daily aircraft parking fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) shall be levied for those aircraft that park on a paved surface from June 15th through September 15th annually, with the exception of the scheduled commercial air carriers.
- All charges do not include applicable tax.
SCHEDULE 'D' (AIRPORT GENERAL SERVICE CHARGES)
|S.No||SEATING CAPACITY||CHARGE FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHT,
|CHARGE FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT,PER AIRCRAFT|
|1||7 - 9||$ 10.00||$ 25.00|
|2||10 -15||$ 20.00||$ 50.00|
|3||16 – 25||$ 40.00||$ 85.00|
|4||26 – 45||$ 65.00||$ 150.00|
|5||46 – 60||$ 100.00||$ 210.00|
|6||61 - 89||$ 147.00||$ 340.00|
|7||90 - 125||$ 200.00||$ 470.00|
|8||126 – 150||$ 240.00||$ 550.00|
|9||151 - 200||$ 332.00||$ 750.00|
|10||201 - 250||$ 433.00||$ 1000.00|
- Seating Capacity is defined as the maximum permissible for the aircraft.
- These fees shall be charged for each use of the Air Terminal Building and/or Apron I.
- All charges do not include applicable tax.
SCHEDULE 'E' (LEASE RATES )
Rental rates for airport land leases shall be established by an appraisal of market value conducted in 2014, and every five (5) years thereafter, such appraisal to be conducted by a member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, provided that in no event shall the rent payable in any five (5) year period during the term of the lease be less than the rent payable during the preceding five (5) year period, despite any decrease in the appraised market value.
Where any airport land lease is currently in force as of the date of the appraisal conducted in 2014, or in force as of the date of any subsequent appraisal, and where the rental rate prescribed in the lease for that calendar year is different than the rate established by the appraisal, the rental rate prescribed in the lease shall prevail until the end of the calendar year, and from and after the beginning of the following year, the rental rate shall be the rate established by the appraisal.
Alternate lease rate calculations may be in effect at the discretion of Council, and will be incorporated into the Fee schedule of the approved lease agreement.
Any additional areas or rooms, which may be leased, will be charged at a rate of $400.00 per square meter.
APRON EQUIPMENT PARKING/STORAGE CHARGE
Airlines operating from the airport may be provided equipment storage at a cost of $5.00 per square meter per year in an area designated by the Airport Manager.
SCHEDULE 'F' (AIRPORT VEHICLE RENTAL CONCESSION)
- Concession Fee
The greater of eight percent (8%) of the annual gross revenue or a tendered minimum guarantee.
- Counter Space
Rooms No. 103 and 104 shall be one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per annum each.
- Vehicle Parking Stalls
Each allocated parking stall shall be thirty dollars ($30.00) per month and three hundred and sixty dollars ($360.00) per annum.
- Concession Fee
Off Airport vehicle rental operators using customer shuttle vehicles shall pay a fee of six and a half percent (6.5%) of the annual gross revenue.
SCHEDULE 'G' (AIR TERMINAL BUILDING ADVERTISING RATES)
SCHEDULE 'H' (AUTOMOBILE PARKING FEES )
TAXI, LIMOUSINE AND COURIER LICENSE FEE
- Each taxi cab company and limousine company shall pay a registration fee of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) per year. In addition, each individual vehicle must pay fifty dollars ($50.00) per year operating fee in order to pick up passengers at the Campbell River Airport.
- Each courier company shall pay a registration fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) per year and display valid commercial decal in order to operate at the Campbell River Airport.
- The City recognizes that some operators may only use the facility on a very few occasions per year. For these operators, a per event fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) is to be paid in advance.
SCHEDULE 'I' (PAY TELEPHONE CONCESSION FEE )
- Eleven percent (11%) of the coin deposited in the equipment.
- One and six tenths percent (1.6%) of the toll charges
SCHEDULE 'J' (AUTOMOBILE PARKING FEES )
|S.No||Annual Purchases (calendar year)||100LL / Jet A|
|1||25,000 - 50,000 Litres||$ .01 per litre|
|2||51,000 - 75,000 Litres||$ .03 per litre|
|3||75,001 Litres and up||$ .04 per litre|
NEW COMMERCIAL OPERATORS
New Commercial Operators, with aircraft based at the Campbell River Airport and who provide a scheduled or charter service, shall receive a $ .04 per litre discount from the posted price when using an approved Major Credit Card. This discount shall be valid for a maximum period of twelve months.
SCHEDULE 'K' (CALL OUT FEES)
If a qualified employee remains past the end of his shift, the following rates apply: